Welcome to the Virtuosa Forum  

Go Back   Welcome to the Virtuosa Forum > Virtuosa General Forum > Skins Discussion
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2005, 07:20 PM   #1
BFurlong

BFurlong is on a distinguished road
Plain skin for viruosa

I just bought virtuosa gold. I like the features alot, however there is one thing that makes it almost unbearable for me to use. The stock skin. The skin is so busy it just kills my eyes. I think there should be a very plain default skin or atleast a skin that comes with it that is very plain instead of the crazy pattern that it comes with.
BFurlong is offline IP: 67.82.22.138   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 09:23 AM   #2
Giac
Wizard

Giac is on a distinguished road
go to www.virtuosa.com/skins/ and find one that you like or download our Skin Development Kit at the bottom of that page and make one yourself as you please

Best,
Old 10-22-2005, 04:18 AM   #3
crissy

crissy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFurlong
I just bought virtuosa gold. I like the features alot, however there is one thing that makes it almost unbearable for me to use. The stock skin. The skin is so busy it just kills my eyes. I think there should be a very plain default skin or atleast a skin that comes with it that is very plain instead of the crazy pattern that it comes with.

I bought it too and I have the same problem...a plain default skin is definately necesarry
Old 10-22-2005, 05:04 AM   #4
Giac
Wizard

Giac is on a distinguished road
I understand, we are debating on what to put as a default skin. Would the VirtuosaPhoenix one with the Blue Metal background be clearer?

You can switch to other skins easily in Virtuosa's Options/Appearance and download many of them on www.virtuosa.com/skins/ of course.

Best,
Old 09-27-2006, 12:55 AM   #5
holaotto

holaotto is on a distinguished road
I also agree. The grey silk sheet background in the trial edition (Phoenix) is each of the following: cheap looking, & tacky (boudoir look and feel). Don't get me wrong, I love this program and can see the extraordinary effort involved to create it. This background is really the first impression a potential buyer would see on opening it.

I realise though that everyone has different taste. This is just my opinion. I would also agree a less busy background as default would be better. 'Blue Metal' doesn't do much for me. A plain 'flat' background is boring, so a little texture is needed. So, to at least offer a solution, here is my quick attempt. It just uses the standard skin, but is using a different background:

Expand image to full size to see the texture correctly:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/senders3/van.gif

Here is the background gif used:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/send...e_diagonals.jpg
holaotto is offline IP: 58.106.29.33   Reply With Quote