Welcome to the Virtuosa Forum  

Go Back   Welcome to the Virtuosa Forum > Virtuosa General Forum > Suggestions for Next Releases
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2004, 11:50 PM   #1
Jools

Jools is off the scale
New 4.30Beta1

Hi All,

Just downloaded the new beta. Installation was straight forward, and it remembered all of my playlists!

One of my bugs has been fixed, it now tells me I have 1508 hours of music, instead of a minus number!

The speed of the music library is fantastic! I have now got 22,500 tracks in the library. Done some timings, to search for the last track in the library, takes approx. 17 seconds on the old 4.20. I now hardly have time to start and stop the stopwatch, I reckon its around 1 second!

I searched for a batch of 350 songs (which were spread right over the collection) to add to a search results box. 4.20 took 18.5 seconds, 4.30 took 3.5 seconds. Fantastic!

I noticed its got a new status bar at the bottom of the screen. Looks interesting, but have to play with it more yet!

It will take a bit longer to check some of the other little problems I had with Virtuosa, but first impressions are very good!

I have no idea on the CD Burning side of the program, as I never use that part of Virtuosa!

Well done team, keep up the work.

Jools

PS - System is purpose built with a 3.2Ghz AMD 400FSB processor, with 1Gb RAM (DDR 3200), 240Gb HD on Win XP Home (stripped down to minimum installation) but with Norton Anti-Virus Running. System Performance reports 216Mb RAM usage, and between 0 and 4% processor usage whilst playing songs. Whilst Searching, the processor usage can reach 100%.

PPS - Whats due in Version 5 that I have seen mentioned
Old 05-20-2004, 12:04 AM   #2
Giac
Wizard

Giac is on a distinguished road
Wink

Dear Jools,

that is cool! We spent considerable time polishing many aspects of the software, including a substantial development on the CD/DVD burning side. Check it out, it is really handy if you want to move files to another computer of yours: 1000 tracks on a DVD with all the metadata and CD covers...

The beta1 4.30 is basically the 5.00 so all functions that you saw in the announcement are there already.

Best,