Welcome to the Virtuosa Forum  

Go Back   Welcome to the Virtuosa Forum > Virtuosa General Forum > General Comments about Virtuosa
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2002, 08:46 PM   #1
Candyman

Candyman is off the scale
A few questions

First off I would like to say this is by far the best jukebox/ripper/etc... I have used to date. This beats Musicmatch hands down in my opinion.

When recording with VBR using the Fraunhofer codec it only has options such as good compression, high quality, highest quality, etc... I was just wondering what the bit rate ranges where for the highest, and high quality setting. Also I think it would be nice if you could have it so you could insert your own bit rate range for recording in VBR. There is two sets of options for recording, the Encoding quality, and then there is the section for switching between CBR or VBR and there options. What I was wondering was what the settings under encoding options have on the mp3. I ripped a full CD at the highest VBR settings and highest encoding setting and it took less then 7 minutes (went away from comp to do something else, figured it would take atleast 10 minutes). Speed is great! So just wondering what the difference in fast, medium, and high quaility are.
Also when tooling around in the options area I notice these two optionsownmix and Intensity. What do these do if you allow them? Please elaborate a bit on that if you could.

When Virtuosa shows the songs, say off of a CD after looking them up through CDDB, they are properly capitalized and looking good. When they are ripped and saved however they lose much of the capitilization. Example:

How it shows up in Virtuosa: Artist - Song Name Here
After it is ripped and saved: Artist - Song name here
Also if the artist is as such: AFI - Song Name Here
It will save file as follows: Afi - Song name here

Though not a big deal I just like everything to look neat and using that certain scheme and with the capitalism all wacky it throws me off.

Thanks for producing such a great peice of software and keep up the good work!

Last edited by Candyman : 11-09-2002 at 08:54 PM.
Candyman is offline IP: 68.84.164.165   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 08:28 AM   #2
Giac
Wizard

Giac is on a distinguished road
Dear Candyman,

Thanks for your interest in Virtuosa. Thanks for the good word.

For the Fraunhofer qualities, a technical person will answer you precisely. The bottom line is that we use Fraunhofer's settings with sometimes a simpler wording.

For the capitalization problem, the new release, due in the next weeks, should resolve these problems. It is a detail, but details are important.

Best

Giac